One Hope Canada - Dallas Valley Ranch Camp
Statement re. Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Update from May 9, 2020
We were really hoping your kids could have fun at Dallas Valley Ranch Camp in a few months, but unfortunately we have to cancel camp for this summer due to COVID-19.
We’re sorry about this, we’re disappointed too, and we’re going to be working hard to make sure your kids have more fun than ever as soon as they can come back to Dallas Valley Ranch Camp.
I want to tell you about our plan, but before I get into that, I know you need some answers.
We’re always thankful when you send your camper fees to help us cover the bills to run Dallas Valley Ranch Camp so we’d like to give you three options for those fees:
Donate your camper fees to camp to help us get through this tough time - we’d be grateful and happy to send you a charitable receipt.
Convert this year’s fees into a gift card you can use for next year - this would help us out while we work hard to get ready to welcome your kids next year.
Dallas Valley Loot Crate - The package will be designed to engage your kids, keeping them active, entertained and outside. We will deliver a box to your home that will have items for your child to open as the summer progresses. The Dallas Valley Loot Crate will also provide your child with opportunities to interact with our team throughout the summer.
Request a refund - we’ll put the fees right back on your credit card.
Just log into your Kamper account, pick the option that works best for you and we’ll make it happen as soon as we can. If you have any questions, please feel free to email or call any time.
One quick note on fees: if you turn your fees into a donation or gift card, we’ll make sure you can register early for camp in 2021.
Now that we’ve got those details out of the way, here’s a little background.
We’ve been in constant contact with health officials. We would love to run camp. But we’re absolutely committed to following the best health advice because we’re always going to keep your kids safe. Officials told us that even in phase four of Saskatchewan’s reopening process, we wouldn’t be able to run camp. It’s sad to close camp for the summer, but we know it’s the right thing to do.
Now we’re looking forward to the future.
We’re going to be working on camp itself - we’re committed to making Dallas Valley Ranch Camp better than ever when we reopen. Follow us on social media to stay up to date on camp. We will keep you informed if the opportunity arises for any end of summer activities.
Thank you for caring about Dallas Valley Ranch Camp. We’re going to miss your kids this summer. We can’t wait to have fun with them at camp just as soon as we can.
Update from May 5, 2020
Our camp board and leadership team are meeting this evening to discuss our options and make a decision regarding this summer. We will be notifying everyone what the decision and current plans for this summer are no later than May 8.
Update from April 17, 2020
Regarding this coming summer, our camp board will be making a final decision on if camp can run or not on Tuesday, May 5. We will contact all campers informing them of the decision around that time. If the decision is made to cancel camp a full refund will be offered to registered campers.
Update from March 17, 2020
Currently, at this time we are continuing to prepare for camp to go ahead. We will not be cancelling any weeks at this time. In the short term, we have closed camp to our guest groups to follow the CDC and Saskatchewan Health Authority guidelines, we will continue to asses this as we move forward, to ensure guest and camper safety.
Due to the information quickly changing concerning COVID-19 protocols, we ask you to contact us directly for guidance in relation to any spring booking or summer programs. We are in close communication with public health authorities and will make adjustments as additional COVID-19 guidance is provided.
Because camp happens in close communities, we have always taken great care to develop and maintain disease management practices to address a variety of communicable diseases, both common and rare. We believe that prevention is one of the best lines of defence and regularly remind campers of the importance of good hygiene and sanitation practices.
As an extra precaution, our camps are installing additional hygiene stations and will undergo aggressive daily cleaning and disinfecting practices to minimize the spread of disease. We are updating these screening, cleaning and disinfection policies to mirror current best practices recommended by public health authorities.
In order to accommodate the concerns of families, we have updated our refund policy. A full refund will be issued to any camper who has tested positive for COVID-19 or has been exposed to others who have. In addition, if a week of camp has to be cancelled due to a directive of the local health authorities, a full refund will be issued.
Families of registered campers will be updated of any changes or new information. In the meantime, if you have additional questions or concerns, please feel free to call us at (306) 731-3348.